Apply for a United States F-4 Visa with an Immigration Attorney

If you are a United States Citizen and at least 21 years old, you can petition your brother and sister by applying for an F-4 immigrant visa.


The Law Offices of Michael J. Gurfinkel, Inc. understands how important and complicated it is to secure an immigrant visa for your siblings. We have compassionate and experienced immigration lawyers and paralegals who can determine your brothers and sisters’ eligibility and help you and your loved ones live the American Dream.

Family Preference Visas: What is an F-4 Immigrant Visa?


An F-4 Immigrant Visa allows United States Citizens, who are at least 21 years old, to petition their brothers and sisters to immigrate to the U.S


Aside from F-4, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has different categories for family preference visas that allow you (a legal permanent resident or United States Citizen) to petition a qualifying relative to immigrate to the United States.


  • First Preference or F-1 — A petition for unmarried sons and daughters (21 years old and older) of U.S. Citizens
  • Second preference or F-2A — A petition for spouse and minor children (below 21 years old) of lawful permanent residents
  • Second Preference or F-2B — A petition for unmarried sons and daughters aged 21 or older of legal permanent residents
  • Third Preference or F-3 — A petition for married sons and daughters of U.S Citizens


F-4 Immigrant Visa Overview


You and your brother or sister must meet certain criteria to qualify for an F-4 Immigrant Visa. You, the sibling and petitioner, must be a United States Citizen, at least 21 years old, and have a U.S. address. You must be able to establish proof of your relationship with your brother or sister through a birth certificate, or if adopted, an adoption decree.


Other than determining eligibility, there are certain requirements that must be met and specific documents that need to be submitted. Once submitted, the applicant must prepare for and pass an interview with the U.S. Embassy.

Why Choose the Law Offices of Michael J. Gurfinkel, Inc. for your F-4 Immigrant Visa Application?


Applying for an F-4 Immigrant Visa can be a long and difficult procedure, and sometimes, you might experience complications throughout the process. That is why you need an immigration lawyer to assess requirements and strategize all steps. The Law Offices of Michael J. Gurfinkel, Inc. can help determine eligibility, assist you with the necessary documents, and submit requirements on your behalf.


We have been working on immigration application cases for decades. Let us help you accomplish your immigrant visa application correctly. Call us today to schedule an appointment.

Call us to schedule an appointment.

Book an appointment