Apply for a United States F-2B Immigrant Visa with an Immigration Attorney

If you are a legal permanent resident (LPR), or a green card holder, you can petition your unmarried child (21 years old and older) to immigrate to the United States by applying for an F-2B Immigrant Visa. The Law Offices of Michael J. Gurfinkel, Inc. can provide legal assistance for you and your child. We have handled numerous similar cases and can help you navigate the process, starting with determining eligibility and requirements, analyzing the steps, and the submitting of documents.

Family Preference Visas: What is an F-2B Immigrant Visa?


An F-2B immigrant visa allows a legal permanent resident (LPR) petitioning unmarried sons and daughters aged 21 years old or older to immigrate to the U.S.


Aside from F-2B, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has different categories for family preference visas that allow you (a legal permanent resident or United States Citizen) to petition a qualifying relative to immigrate to the United States.


  • First Preference or F-1 – A petition for unmarried sons and daughters (21 years old and older) of U.S. Citizens
  • Second preference or F-2A – A petition for spouse and minor children (below 21 years old) of lawful permanent residents
  • Third Preference or F-3 – A petition for married sons and daughters of U.S Citizens
  • Fourth Preference or F-4 – A petition for brothers and sisters of U.S Citizens


F-2B Immigrant Visa Overview


You and your child must meet certain criteria to qualify for an F-2B Immigrant Visa. Your child needs to be at least 21 years old and unmarried. You, the parent or petitioner, must also be a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. and have a U.S. address. You need to prove to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) that you are the lawful parent of your child, through a birth certificate, or if adopted, an adoption decree.


Aside from determining eligibility, there are certain documents and forms that need to be submitted that can demonstrate your proof of relationship and that you have adequate income to support your child. Once submitted, the applicant must also be prepared for and pass an interview with the U.S. Embassy.

Why Choose the Law Offices of Michael J. Gurfinkel, Inc. for your F-2B Immigrant Visa Application?


Filing for an F-2B Immigrant Visa can help reunite you with your family in the United States. That is why it is important that the petition is documentarily qualified. The Law Offices of Michael J. Gurfinkel Inc. can assist you and your family throughout every stage of the F-2B Immigrant Visa process, from analyzing your eligibility, completing your forms, to preparing the necessary documents for your visa application.


We have been working on immigration application cases for decades. Let us help you accomplish your immigrant visa application correctly. Call us today to schedule an appointment.

Call us to schedule an appointment.

Book an appointment