Apply for a United States F-2A Immigrant Visa with an Immigration Attorney

If you are a lawful permanent resident (LPR), or a green card holder,  you can petition your spouse or your minor child (below 21 years old) to immigrate to the United States by applying for an F-2A Immigrant Visa.


The Law Offices of Michael J. Gurfinkel, Inc. can provide legal assistance for your F-2A petition. We use our extensive immigration law knowledge and experience to help people reunite with their families.

Family Preference Visas: What is an F-2A Immigrant Visa?


An F-2A immigrant visa involves a legal permanent resident (LPR) petitioning a spouse or a minor child aged under 21 years old to immigrate to the U.S.


Aside from F-2A, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has different categories for family preference visas that allow you (a legal permanent resident or United States Citizen) to petition a qualifying relative to immigrate to the United States.


  • First preference or F-1 — A petition for unmarried sons and daughters (21 years old and older) of U.S. Citizens
  • Second Preference or F-2B — A petition for unmarried sons and daughters aged 21 or older of legal permanent residents
  • Third preference or F-3 — A petition for married sons and daughters of U.S Citizens
  • Fourth preference or F-4 — A petition for brothers and sisters of U.S Citizens

F-2A Immigrant Visa Overview

There are specific criteria that you, your spouse, and/or minor child must meet for a successful F-2A Immigrant Visa petition. You, the parent or petitioner, must be a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. and have a U.S. address.


For your spouse, you should be able to prove your relationship with them through a marriage certificate. If you are not married to your partner, they are not eligible for an F-2A Immigrant Visa.


For your child, they should be under 21 years old and unmarried. You should be able to prove your relationship with your child either with a birth certificate, or if adopted, an adoption decree. After meeting the criteria, various forms and documents for your spouse and your minor child must be submitted. Once completed, the applicant or applicants must also be prepared for and pass an interview with the U.S. Embassy.

Why Choose the Law Offices of Michael J. Gurfinkel, Inc. for your F-2A Immigrant Visa Application?

Filing for an F-2A Immigrant Visa can be a long process and sometimes, there can be complications which is unique to your situation. That is why you need an immigration lawyer to help you through the process. The Law Offices of Michael J. Gurfinkel, Inc. has a dedicated legal team with extensive knowledge and experience in immigration law. Our team can strategize, provide guidance on required documents, and file your visa immigrant application.


We have been working on immigration application cases for decades. Let us help you accomplish your immigrant visa application correctly.


Call us to schedule an appointment.

Book an appointment